A pathology test that may be requested will help your doctor monitor any pre-existing or developing health conditions and will enable your doctor to best manage your treatment moving forward.
Your doctor will let you know during your consultation if a pathology test is needed.
About your pathology test:
- This is a fasting blood test, which means no eating 12 hours before (water is fine). It is best to do these tests in the morning.
- You must print the pathology request (attached to this email) and bring it with you to the lab.
- You must bring your Medicare card with you to the lab.
- Please check that the details on your pathology form are correct including your name and address. If anything needs to be updated, please submit a request here and we’ll update your form.
- It is not necessary for you to already be taking the medication to get your pathology test done and it will not impact your initial order.
- You may choose to complete your pathology test within the first month, after commencing your treatment.